Be Very Alert!- By Val Hollard (NZ)
On Watch at the Door. No 196, June 9, 2015
AS IN THE DAYS OF LOT (Luke 17:28-29)
Moral decay is speeding up in every area. The family is declining. Forty three percent of American children live without a father in the home. Marriage is being redefined. Religion is no longer a basis for morality. Evil is being called good and good evil. True Bible-believing Christians will face increasing isolation and persecution. Here are some recent developments.
In the last Alert! I quoted the news that the Girl Scouts of America was changing its policies to allow membership by boys who identify as girls. Now the head of Boy Scouts of America is saying that a ban on the participation by openly gay adults serving as troop leaders is unsustainable. No changes have been made as yet, but the door has been opened to a future policy review.
Very few would have missed the news that Irish voters have backed same-sex marriage by a landslide. In a country where 80% of the population is said to be Catholic, 62% voted for the change. Only one of Ireland’s 43 constituencies recorded a narrow ‘No’ majority. The once-dominant Catholic Church in Ireland is trying to come to terms with it as congratulations come in from around the world.
Italy is now the only western European country that does not recognise either same-sex marriage or civil unions. Some in the government in Italy are now calling for a civil partnership law to be fast-tracked through Parliament. The Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has confided that in the wake of the Ireland vote the question of civil unions in Italy can no longer be put off.
Should Christians attend homosexual weddings?
Pope Francis has appointed radically liberal, pro-homosexual Dominican Father Timothy Radcliffe to the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace. In 2005, as the Vatican deliberated the admission of men with homosexual tendencies to study for the priesthood in the wake of the Church sex abuse scandal, Father Radcliffe said that homosexuality should not bar men from the priesthood, but rather those who oppose it should be banned. Radcliffe is a strong ally of Pope Francis.
On the International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia, the American Vice President Joe Biden said that the rights of the LGBT people are violated by “religious condemnation.” He was referring to Bible verses that condemn homosexuality. He is also saying that the rights of Christians are inferior to the rights of the LGBT individual.
From Reformation Church TX: “In 2009, President Barack Obama signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act into law. The law was pushed by every gay rights organization in the country. They claim that anyone who says anything negative about homosexuality is guilty of bullying them and therefore constitutes a hate crime. Under the strictest definition of the law, any biblical preaching against sin in general, especially that of homosexuality could be considered hate language and therefore a hate crime. If convicted of the felony offense, a person could spend as much as 10 years in prison…
The Hate Crimes Prevention Act protects perverted sinners from having their feelings hurt, but it does nothing to protect Christians from having someone like a homosexual denigrate their beliefs and feelings. They will still be allowed to say what they want about Jesus Christ or anyone that follows Him and that won’t be considered hate language. But tell someone that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin against God and you could go to jail.”
Concerns are arising among Christians after a homosexual activist recently told a national publication that churches “must be made ‘to take homosexuality off the sin list.’” He contended that the interpretation of biblical text about homosexuality is “subjective” and “debatable” and said that Christians disregard the “biases and blind spots of [the Bible’s] authors, cultures and eras.”
The Queen James Bible is now on sale. It is based on the King James but has been edited to “resolve interpretive ambiguity in the Bible as it pertains to homosexuality.”
The Obama Administration is poised to require faith-based recipients of federal grants to accept applications from LGBT individuals, according to a report published by the Center for Family and Human Rights.
In the UK, the Church of England is to consider introducing a ‘transgender baptism’ service. The idea is to bless into God’s family the new identities of Christians who have undergone gender transition. There is no guarantee that the motion will succeed after being debated by the General Synod, but is certainly a sign of the downward direction the church is taking on moral issues. The issue arose after a person born a girl but transitioned to a boy sought to be “re-baptised.” The vicar had at first thought the rule of one baptism sufficed, but changed his mind after discussing issues of identity with the young man. The whole thing makes a mockery of believers’ baptism.
Between 1997 and 2013 in the UK city of Rotherham, 1,400 non-Muslim children were gang-raped and brutalized by Muslims. Several staff described their nervousness at identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators (Asian) for fear of being thought racist. Others remembered being told by their managers not to do so. Now the city wants to ban protests against child rape as they are becoming increasingly expensive to police. It is claimed that it is the protests, rather than the problem the town has with child rape, that was causing reputational damage.
In the US, liberals are pressing hard to make paedophilia legal in preparation for Sharia Law. Paedophilia is an approved of practice in the Qur’an. The liberals want to make paedophilia a choice, not a crime.
NEWS HEADLINES – A CRASH COURSE!
There is so much happening that I decided to give a quick overview of just some of the things making the headlines, excluding Israel and the Middle East as that would be just too much. The world has grown darker and more sinister and God, Christians and the Bible are being sneered at. It is to be expected that end-times events will speed up but we can be confident that God is in control, no matter how bad things are.
- In the UK the Ramadhan Foundation is ecstatic that 13 Muslim MPs got elected into government.
- Census data confirms that Obama is flooding America with over 100,000 Muslim immigrants annually.
- Westminster Abbey has been accused of “denial of the Lordship of Jesus Christ” after the prophet Muhammad was described as “the chosen one” in a Turkish prayer at a service of commemoration and thanksgiving marking the centenary of the Gallipoli campaign.
- Hillsong Church leader Christine Caine has proudly admitted to the New Age practice of ‘impartation.’ She laid her hands on a Joyce Meyer Bible and teaching notes and prayed for an impartation of that teaching and revelation.
- An atheist group wants to rid the world of Jesus Christ whom they claim doesn’t exist. “If Jesus returns, kill him again.”
- Although nine out of ten Americans believe that Jesus was a historical figure, more than half do not believe that He was sinless.
- In September, the UN is launching a major sustainable development agenda for the entire planet. This new sustainable agenda focuses on climate change, but it also specifically addresses topics such as economics, agriculture, education and gender equality. The pope will be a speaker.
- Ten top medical doctors have called upon Columbia University to remove Mehmet Oz (“Dr Oz”) from the faculty on the grounds that he is a promoter of quackery. Dr Oz is one of the three people who helped Rick Warren create his Daniel Plan which has just won the Christian Book of the Year Award.
- Matt Maher, a Roman Catholic contemporary worship musician, is aiming to create a bridge between Protestantism and Catholicism. He wanted to write a new edition of Bill Gaither’s song Because He Lives and Gaither has approved. In 1990, the Gaithers performed at the ’90 ecumenical conference where half of the attendees were Catholic and a Roman Catholic mass was held every morning.
- In a recorded video statement Pope Francis asserted that evangelicals and Catholics are one, and that it is the devil who has divided the two groups.
- The 2015 Alpha leadership conference on Unity was held in London and attended by many evangelical pastors and leaders. In his opening address, Nicky Gumbel called for unity with the Catholic Church.
- Persecution of Christians reached historic levels in 2014 and if trends persist, 2015 could be even worse. Approximately 100 million Christians worldwide are living in fear of their lives.
- In Mexico, 75% of children who received vaccines in one town are now dead or hospitalized. 14 children are in a serious condition.
- Some mainstream media sources in America are now calling for people who make the personal choice not to vaccinate to be jailed, implying they are criminals. While other sources are now purporting that paedophilia isn’t a crime.
- In Australia, the government has announced that it would cut childcare benefits to families who refuse to vaccinate their children.
- Hillary Clinton’s ties to agribusiness giant Monsanto, and her advocacy for the industry’s genetically modified crops, have environmentalists in Iowa calling her “Bride of Frankenfood.” A large number of women had voiced strong support for her presidential candidacy until the GMO issue came up.
- In Stockton, USA, a truck hit a utility pole and thousands of people’s smart meters exploded. These meters have also been known to burst into flames. If anyone is concerned about Smart Meters, here is a link you might find useful. It is possible to ask for them to be removed. http://www.stopsmartmeters.org.nz/faqs/
- The European chief executive of Goldman Sachs Asset Management has warned that the world is sinking under too much debt. There is more than $28,000 of debt for every man, woman and child on the entire planet. There is a giant financial bubble that is going to unwind very painfully.
- The earth’s magnetic field, which protects the planet from huge blasts of deadly solar radiation, has been weakening over the past six months, 10 times faster than previously thought.
- Baltimore in the US has descended into a state of lawlessness and more cities are expected to follow. There have been 38 murders in one month and many are afraid to leave their homes. In some areas of the city young men boldly wave guns around at innocent bystanders. The cost of recent riots is at least $20 million.
- A new game that links up with the world of Satan and his demons has gone viral. It is about connecting with a dead spirit from Mexico named “Charlie.” Two pencils are placed in the form of a cross on a piece of paper with the words ‘yes’ and ‘no.’ They then repeat a phrase and if Charlie is present they can ask questions.
- Controversial televangelist Benny Hinn has claimed in a message that the “greatest wealth transfer in human history” is approaching, and has asked people to sow money into his ministry.
- The Nonhuman Rights Project has filed a lawsuit on behalf of the two chimpanzees being kept for research purposes at Stony Brook University on Long Island. The NhRP is fighting for the chimps to be granted personhood under New York state law. The chimps were not present at the hearing.
To be on the list to receive copies of “Be Very Alert!” either “follow” this blog or click here to be added to our mailout list.